How do I finish what they started?

yup it's me agaian ms.mary.it's been 20 some yrs.since I've delt with all this and need all the Help I can get.I know some stems from the parents splitting up and the kids ending up with me,but when grand-daughter first came to live with us we had made a bed on the floor(didn't have a bed)and she was fine never once peed.Then we bought her a bed and put dora sheets and what not and she started peeing to bed.I don't let her drink after 7pm,and make her go to bathroom bfore goin to bed.It seemed to work a wekk or two then right back at it.We bought pull ups and she's still wetting to bed....something I'm doing wrong or need alittle more time.she's 3.

ms.mary

Asked by ms.mary at 4:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She's stressed out. She's going through a major life change. Put a towel down under her. Relax, don't scold her. She's probably embarassed about it. To a kid that little, its like their world is falling apart.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• ty for the encouraging words,I don't scold and usually tell her it's alright we'll get through it and then give her a big hug........
    ms.mary

Comment by ms.mary (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just encourage her. Try pull ups for now.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She's only 3. It's perfectly normal for kids to have accidents and wet the bed up until around age 7 or so and then the pedi would look for a medical reason.

One trick that I'm doing with my boys right now is to put a garbage bag underneath the fitted sheet and to put two on so that if they soak through during the night, I'm not spending lots of time making up the bed.

Just keep loving and comforting her like you've been doing.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• try pullups at night. And as pp mentioned, some kids have problems with night training. Just keep giving her love, poor thing sounds like she has been through a lot.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i agree, normal, and with added change of any kind, kids can take a step back in potty training... do the best you can with her... sometimes you may even want to wake her to see if she has to go...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• that's what i was thinking.we do use pull ups and the matress is wrapped in plastic.ty for responces very apreciated.
    ms.mary

Comment by ms.mary (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It could very well be stress. I would just stick with the pullups for a bit and be patient.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010