What age did you enroll your little boy in sports?

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• He plays soccer and started at 3 years. We have always took him to practice and games and stayed.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I will be enrolling my son in a sport as soon as he turns three. I will not be leaving him there of course, but he will not be going to preschool and I want him to be around kids more. He's already a friendly little guy and I would like to keep it that way.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 5 and then I never left him. I did not trust the coach.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my son started martial arts at 5. He stayed until he was almost 7. He liked it until the classes got re-arranged and the times were not convenient for us.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When he wanted to, which was age 5, which is the main reason we moved back to CT from Manhatten. He wanted to play t-ball and soccer like his older cousins and that kind of thing is much more difficult in the city (unless you are rich). It seemed that he was missing CT and the things that come with suburban life.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 5:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 4. Our park district offered a different sport every week for kids to try. At 4, he did t-ball; at 5, he started soccer; at 7 he started karate - continued with soccer and karate until he switched to track and football in junior high, then continued with football in high school. DD also started at 4 (similar "sports sampler" program) and continues with various sports.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 5
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2010