Does my 10 month old weight too much?

My little girl is almost 10 months .... she is about 31 inches tall has a size 5 shoe and is about 26 lbs. She only weighed 7 1/2 lbs at birth but since then she has ALWAYS been in or over th 100th percentile. She only gets about 24 oz of formula a day and eats lots of fruits and veggies.
I really don't think I overfeed her she eats what she needs. I just see so many other babies her age and they don't even compare they are tiny to her. I know all babies are different, it just seems like my little one is really big for her age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't think about her weight number so much as look at her overall health and body composition. If she is healthy, meets her developmental milestones, and doesn't seem obese, I wouldn't worry about it. If she is tall and has big feet for her age, it stands to reason she will weigh more than her shorter peers. If your prediatrician isn't concerned about her weight, I would relax a little. She is still young and has a lot of growing and changing of shape to do.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son is not quite 9 months old and he weighs 21 lbs. He was only 7lbs 1 oz at birth. That sounds like an appropriate amount of formula, and it's great that she likes her fruits & veggies! I say feed 'em when they're hungry. Some babies are just bigger than others. I'm sure her pediatrician would let you know if he/she thought that your daughter was overweight.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Your baby is exactly where she needs to be. Don't worry about comparing her...unless your feeding her junk food, your really can't over feed a baby that age, they'll eat what they need to grow and no more.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Wow, she is a big baby, but there are lots of factors that go into this. My child weighs 20lbs, and she's 13mo, but I do know a few babies who were just like yours at her age. Don't worry about it, she'll probably average out as she grows up... and if not, she'll be a beautiful model :)
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 10:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Thank you guys so much for your input I really appreciate it. I know her Pedi tells me shes just fine and I shouldn't worry. Shes me first and I think I'll always worry a little more than I should, but she is a healthy girl i'm sure she'll be just fine. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Mine was 29lbs since 7 months. Now she is 2, and is still at the same weight. weird, huh? she's always been in the 90th for height and weight.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• dont worry! my son was 18 pounds when he was 4 months old! hes now almost 10 months and weighs 23. ur girl is a big girl for her age, i mean tall too.dont take that wrong at all. my son is only 28 inches long...so hes a short lil guy. dont worry, ur doing everything right .
    TristansMom1222

Answer by TristansMom1222 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• my son is 10 months old will be 11 months on November 5th and he weighs about 24 lbs. so i wouldn't worry about it. is she walking yet? b/c i know they say that babies lose most of their weight when they start walking . i know my son is walking and i can start to see some of the weight coming off. be patient as long as your daughter is healthy then you have nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous