Do you think this formula will be okay?

We were running low on formula, so went to the grocery store to pick some up. Seems like every store we went to was out of what my 3 month old eats!!! She is on the regular Similac sensitive for fussiness & gas, in the orange can. The last store I went to had Similac sensitive SOY for fussiness & gas, also in the orange can.... they had the big square-ish containers for $11.75 marked down!!!! None of the stores I went to had the kind she's been eating, do you think she would be fine eating the Similac Sensitive Soy?

xo_shelby

Asked by xo_shelby at 4:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recommend you call your ped. American Acedemy of Pediatriacs recommend not to switch formulas unless prescribed by baby's doctor because of the allergies it can cause. Soy has no lactose in it's formula which is necessary for baby's brain development. Good luck.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• before doing soy, i would go to another brand for sensitive fussiness and gas, like enfamil or good start,..
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• soy tastes alot different, i agree with trying another brand before the soy.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• try another brand before soy!1 Soy may react differently to her tummy,
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Soy is another major allergen... better not to expose her if you don't have to. Have you thought about relactating to avoid this problem?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't give her the Soy. Soy is something that usually Doctors put babies on special if they have had issues with regular formula and you don't want to switch in the middle. If she has an allergy or any issues, you won't know what is causing it. I am sure there is something more similar at a store somewhere. Good Luck
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't use it... I would switch to something like Enfamil Gentelease instead, it would be more similar to what she is on already
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my ds was on the similac sensetive after we tried the soy b/c it made his reflux worse, i'd try a different brand of sensetive but nt soy... gl hope your baby tolerates it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010