feeling baby move

When should I feel the baby move for the first time? I'm 19 weeks and haven't felt anything yet.

cmcook89

Asked by cmcook89 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 17 weeks before I felt my baby move. It really depends on where the placenta is and how much belly fat you have to be honest.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You should be feeling the movement of the baby real soon if you don't already. It really is an awesome feeling.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My friend was obese not just overweight and she said she never felt the baby move and she had a 9 pounder not saying your obese or anything bc i dk and sometimes it has to do w where your placenta is mine was low so I felt it ealry so if its blocking the kicking area you'll feel it later
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• with my first i felt her move about 20 weeks. with my second it was about 14 weeks. you may not be paying close enough attention, or just not know what it feels like. drink some orange juice and lay down for a while without distractions and pay really close attention.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• it shoud be in the next 2 weeks.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• This is my 3rd and this time around I am overweight because of PCOS and I felt the baby move at 14 weeks but maybe I just know what to look for or as others have stated it all depends on where your placenta lays. I am sure it will be soon, some don't feel anything until 22-24 weeks or even further along.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i started feelin mine move at 12 weeks wit flutters but more like 17 b4 i felt kicks....but it all depends on the person, some i kno didnt feel nething till 20ish weeks
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 8:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010