flaw in sewing project...help!!!

I am trying to make a shirt! I forgot about it for a while but decided to work on it. One side however is missing a huge chunk. The bottom right corner looks as if I cut out a huge square piece (which I dont recall lol). It would look ridiculous if I sewed on a new piece to replace it. Cutting off the other side to even it out wouldnt look right either because I'd have to basically sew on material to finish the length of the "shirt". Any suggestions?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• patchwork is a great idea! maybe I could just chop off the entire half bottom and do patchwork all around!!! what is "empire waisted?"
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have seen some patch work type blouses out there. Could you make the bottom out of another print and then add a breast pocket of the same print? Maybe make it empire waisted of the new fabric? Google patchwork blouse and see what ideas come up. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I reposted my answer because of spelling error. Anyway.........Empire waist is when the waist is right below the bust. It is higher up than a regular waist. I just Googled patchwork blouses and there are some adorable ideas! I would love to know how you make out (could you message me?) I hope this ends up to be a fun project!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• oh ok! yes I have seen some adorable empire waist style maternal blouses and dresses and of course styles that hug curves without the maternity bump-style! I'll take a look, get some ideas and definately message you :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010