I don't have much money and I need ideas for making my sons birthday party wonderful for cheap?

Need some good ideas for a cheap birthday I want him to have a great birthday I need soe ideas plz ladies.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old is he? How many guests? Any theme?
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The dollar tree! instead of doing say Cars everything get a cars cake and then just go out and buy red and black everything else.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• age?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Betty Crocker cake, candles, blow up latex balloons, rub them on your head to create static, stick them to walls, cheery attitude and sing "Happy Birthday"! :) Parties are about the SPIRIT of things, not the stuff. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yup dollar tree n also walmart has colored candy bags about 25 in a pack for about a dollar, hot dogs & nachos for the kids
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree dollar tree is the best and either a homemade cake or a box cake
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got everything at the dollar tree. It was a thomas and friends theme. I found a thomas the engine birthday banner, everything else was solid colors (napkins, plates...etc). Thomas and friends bday cake was made at walmart which included a free smash cake. You could always make the cake yourself to save money! I had chips and dip, a fruit and veggie platter, sweet tea and two sodas.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• btw the banner was found at a specialty store, not dollar tree.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Dollar tree, homemade cake or have a potluck, hot dogs are cheap food, so are hamburgers... that or just do nachos... get the chips and cheese sauce ( kids are easily satisfied lol)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's amazing what you can find at the dollar tree....there are tons of things you can use from there. They also have a lot of cute little games you can pick up.
    Funfetti cake mix is really cheap and makes a great rainbow cake to go with any theme.
    You can go to Kroger and get Kroger Brand Hot Dogs, Buns, two liters of pop and chips for pretty cheap.
    The kids will have a blast and you won't have to spend a lot of money.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010