Nightmare rinsing hair during bath time

My daughter HATES having her hair rinsed in the bath/shower. Does anyone have any ideas how to change these meltdowns?

RACERBABE02

Asked by RACERBABE02 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is the same way...i make a big deal and pretend there is something up on the ceiling and i tell her too keep looking for it..by the time she give's up her hair is usually rinsed! Good luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my son went through this phase for a long time! Suddenly he ant get enough of pouring water over hismself. He still isnt a fan of rinsing off shampoo though. He also hates when I try to lean him back so it doesnt get in his face. We have one of those removable shower heads and that helps a little bit.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wow Do I ever! My son has HFA and getting his head wet is one of his 'things' to this day (6) lol. I have learned it is best to just do it quick! 1-2-3 SPLASH! I try to make it a game. We were using one of those visors for a while to keep the water out of his eyes but for us that didn't help. It is worth a try though!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my daughter is 20 months and she is same way recently i have been putting just enough water to rinse her and then she lays on her belly and looks up to the ceiling like she is trying find something and that's working so far but if she isn't able to do that I saw in the store there is a cup that has a part of it that fits against the forehead so the water won't get in the eyes. Good luck
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• there are special cups with a rubber part that you put against their head so it wont get in their eyes. they are a few dollars at wal mart.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My sons were the same way. One thing we did was buy some swim goggles to keep the water out of their eyes and hold a dry washcloth near their face. We also would have them 'swim' on their back in the tub and then pour water and rinse what hair was not in the water. We tried the visors- they were ok. I have seen rinse cups that fits against the forehead. I have not used it, so don't know how well that works.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• YUP!!!! Screams Bloody Murder...we can't even give him a shower because of it. I just keep dumping it on him I warnhim and have a dry towel to dry is eyes ready but he still screams. He is 2 3/4 and it is getting a little better. We start swim lessons tomorrow and I am hoping it will help..good luck!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter didn't like it either so i would make her lay down in the bath tub and rinse her hair. She loved that way for some reason and it was fun for her.
    Nieman2

Answer by Nieman2 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My 2 year old screams bloody murder too, But he is in a phase where he wants control over how things are done.So at bath time, I tell him you can do it or mommy is going to do it...he gets to choose, he is getting a little better at looking up and pouring the water over himself...I tried the cup with rubber, tried the viser tried getting in the tub and letting him wash and rinse my hair, I have tried everything under the sun to get him not to freak out....Let your little one scream, sooner or later they will figure out it has to be done one way or another but they are going to get clean.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 8:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010