what's up with people trying to make sure they have a specific sexed child????

why can't people be happy with what they have? It's healthy and theirs right??

RACERBABE02

Asked by RACERBABE02 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i really want a boy this time, but i dont think i could feel any disapointment if it's a girl. a healthy baby, oh darn!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think we all have that idea of what would be the "perfect family" for some it's the "One of each" idea for others they just want a girl. If I could have picked I would have had all girls, but I couldn't and we had boys... Doesn't mean I love them less, just means it wasn't what I wanted...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Selfishness.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• So if I have 3 boys already, which I do, and I want a daughter it would be selfish to "try" for one? In my opinion it's not.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• theyre messed up !

to me , i know that we all have thought at one point or the other "oh ! i want a boy " oh ! id like to have a baby girl " etc , but to me is all about being able to have a baby of my own (because not every woman can so im lucky to say , that i am : ) ) and a baby that is healthy and happy will do it for me :) so thats all it matters !

happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous! I have a little boy and I have heard other moms say to me that they don't want a boy.. they only want girls and I think that is REALLY REALLY sad and pathetic! I would love my child no matter what!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• In my case I have 2 boys and this next baby will be my last so I am gonna try for a girl if it comes out to be a boy that will be ok too I don't think it is selfish at all.
    mamawantsagirl2

Answer by mamawantsagirl2 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We're under a lot of pressure from my husband's family to have a boy to carry on the family name since there aren't any boys yet. I just found out I'm finally pregnant after more than 2 years of trying and I will be very happy either way. It would be great to have a boy, but it would also be great to have a third little girl in our family.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why so wrong to wish for one sex over another?
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 7:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010