Can anyone suggest an ideal baby sling for me to use?

I work from my home, sitting at a computer and my baby loves to be held close. I have purchased 2 baby slings and a snugli and she hates them all. I think the problem is that I am very petite and they fit on me akwardly. I am 5'2, slender, fairly short torso. My baby likes to be held stomach to stomach upright with your hand under her bottom. Does anyone have any sling recommendations or other ideas to keep my baby happy during work? I have tried a swing, high chair, rocker, floor mat, bouncer... i dont really want to take her to day care if i dont have to!

KikiMama729

Asked by KikiMama729 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi I have had a sling made for me that I can switch to different positions if needed and all it is is some cloth and a ring, my son doesnt like it but maybe your little one will, if you view my profile I have a picture of him in it he is not in the position you describe, but you can easily make it that position if you have anymore questions about it let me.
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 10:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• a moby wrap might be the thing for you!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• check out mei tais. I have several carriers. The snuggli was not a success and hurt my back. I have a peanut shell sling and loved it. Currently I am using my mei tai and a ring sling. Love them both and they offer several carrying options. If you have anymore specific q's about a particular carrier I'd love to help you find the right one.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I love Hot Slings. Check out hotslings.com. My baby LOVES this sling and it's been very comfortable for me to wear. The website will show you the various ways you can wear it as they grow and they have different sizes available depending on your size. Target sells them and that's where I got mine, however I think Target only sells size 3 which may not be the size you need. I get compliments on my sling everytime I go out and women always ask where I got it b/c it actually FITS and my baby is SO content. I have a Snugli as well and just from experience I think your baby may enjoy it when she's older and bigger.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I will second the moby!! It is a life saver.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 7:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008