Is it possible to have period-like heavy bleeding during early pregnancy and still get a positive test on cycle day 17?

I'm confused about it. I had a heavy period starting 17 days ago (going through a pad every 1/2 to 1 hour all day for two days and almost as much the rest of the days). I feel like either it's too early to get that strong of a positive or that the super heavy "period" I had was not a period. But then how could I be pregnant still with all that heavy bleeding? If it was a period then is it normal to get that strong of a positive so soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe it wasnt a period.....implantation bleading can be light or heavy as a period. if oyu got a positive and your thinking its wrong just retest in a day or two. but if the test was positive its probably right!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It is very rare that you get a false positive unless you use a blue dye test....they are famous for false positives. What kind of test did you get?

My Aunt had regular period like bleeding for five months into her pregnancies. It is possible to bleed heavy nad still be pregnant. If it is postive and you have had that bleeding, I would schdule a Doctors appointment ASAP.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010