What do you do if you ordered something for a present and it does not come in time for the event?

Do you explain and give nothing?

Or

Do you buy a different present and save the one you ordered for another time?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• I think it depends on the person and the present itself. Everything depends on the situation...if it's something expensive and it's for someone close, then do like everyone else said about putting a little picture of the item and writing that it's on it's way, but if it's something relatively inexpensive and for someone not so close, then you can always get something else...
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Depends on who it is I am giving it to. If it is a child I would go out and get a different gift. For an adult I would give the gift later and explain the day of the event. Adults can handle not getting a gift that day, but kids should get the gift on the day of the event.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I give a card with a little note that their present didn't make it here in time, but will be arriving shortly :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I give them the card and explain that the present has not come yet and when it does I will send it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If it was a close friend, I'd find a picture of what I ordered, put it in the card with a note saying it's coming and blame it on UPS. If I thought they wouldn't understand, I'd probably give cash or buy a new present.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would print a picture of it and put it in the card explaining what happened.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I print out a picture of it with a letter of "It's on it's way" or "soon to come"..
    and wrap that up in a box for them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Depends on who it is and what it is. If it is a child, then they at least will get a small gift to make up for the one I don't have to give at the time. If it is for an adult then it depends on the gift. If it is a big gift and I spent a good deal of money on it, then they can have a card and wait it out, lol. If it is an adult and a less expensive gift, then I will get them a card and a smaller gift, but tell them the other one is on it's way. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010