How many of you read every single note your kids bring home that needs to be signed before signing it?

My daughter is one grade behind my son and so some of the notes I know are coming home for the second time and I glance at them and go ahead and sign them. Also, this year the back to school syllabuses for each class for both of them in high school, I had 14 of them to review, sign and send back. It was kinda an overkill in my opinion.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in

• My husband and I DO NOT sign anything without reading and understanding what it is. Once it is read and we agree with it then we sign if not we call for a meeting with the teacher.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I read them all, then cover the information with my child, before I sign them

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I refuse to sign anything I don't read.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You are supposed to read and sign them so you know what's going on with your kids and what is expected of them. As a teacher I put a lot of time into notes I send out with my students and the information is their for the benefit of the families, not myself. I can't tell you how much it irks me to have them "read" something, sign it and then call with all kinds of questions the next week because they have no idea what's going on.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have 3 kids in elementary school, I get the same notes that the oldest one had for the younger two BUT I read them everytime because you never know when something new might be in them. I also had paperwork to fill out during the first week of school but mine was for 3 kids........each set was 18 pages! My DD thought it was funny that I had lots of homework to do.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think you need to know whats going on in your kids classes/schol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it may seem like overkill... but i HATE hearing parents say that they don't know what is going on... or that they didn't know such and such was going to be taught to their child...
    it's for you and your child... and for the teachers... you all need to be "together" and this is one way to do it.
    personally i would never sign anything i didnt read 100%
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anything I am going to be signing my name to I definitely take the time to read!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i read all the notes before a sign
    BERUMEN

Answer by BERUMEN at 3:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I read them all. I am very involved and want to know what is going on in the classroom.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010