How did you feel when you found out you were going to be a Grandma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• It was as exciting as when I first learned i was going to be a mommy. Yet not near as scarry. I am now the proud nanny to 5 grandaughters and 4 grandsons. I am so blessed.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was scared as my older DD has mental issues. But as soon as she was placed in my arms all fears went away. I now have 7 and the first one I am raising and have been since she was born 4- yrs ago. But all in all I wouldn't change a thing!
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was excited. its a new phase i can spoil them and send them home to mom and dad
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 7:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• MY DAUGHTER HAD HER FIRST AT THE AGE 17 AND DID NOT TELL NO ONE AND I GOT A CALL AND I WAS SHOCKED BUT HAPPY
    angeldeb2010

Answer by angeldeb2010 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• not a grandma, but u will tell u this when my MIL found out i was pregnant she kept telling my DH that i was cheating on him and that there was no way it could be his, because we only had a short time together b4 he had to go back too his military base
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• at first not sure because I didnot my son girl friend all that well and when she had the baby we bonded and the baby came out looking like me I was very happy now I am number 1 grandmama I do alot for my grand child
    missgwen

Answer by missgwen at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wonderful
    Redbird26

Answer by Redbird26 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well at first, I thought I was upset. But after a day or two I realized that I was disappointed that she was taking the same course in her life that I did. She was only 20 and she lost her college scholarship because she couldn't get family housing at the university she had chosen. However, unlike me, she figured out a way to go to the local college and is currently working on her Associates Degree and has plans to go for her bachelors degree when Lukas starts school. She works as many hours as she can in between classes and has really grown as a person. Now I look back and can't imagine my daughter without her son!
    laffin4fun

Answer by laffin4fun at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I loved going to my grandmom's house!
    phoenix231

Answer by phoenix231 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my stepdaughter just had a baby so now i am a 33 year old grandma i have always been good to her and treated her like one of my own but she doesnt get along well with her dad and i have to suffer because of it we will be lucky to see her at holidays and my mil took complete control of the situation and it sucks
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 5:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010