My daughter had her pics taken on Friday...

The person asked if I had ever considered putting her into modeling. Do you think he was just being nice or do you think I should look into it. I could be fun to have my kid in a magazine...even a local one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, don't do that to your lovely little girl.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It sounds like he is trying to get a job putting together a portfolio.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't wanna become a 'stage mom' or anything but once might be fun... you know something to brag about. I dunno though. Maybe you're right.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No they don't do portfolio's there. And most of the agencies I glanced at around here recommend just snap shots before age 4. I haven't decided if I wanna dig any deeper though.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She's really very cute - but no cuter than most her age. I agree, he's trying to sell you something. Whether they "do" portfolios or not, portfolios are made up of photographs and seldom all from the same photographer ... I suspect he wants you to buy more photos. Either that, or it's just something he says to make moms feel good about their children.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the only thing i know about the child modeling industry is that there are lots and lots of agencies that will try to take your money (they will guarantee your child can work and then charge ridiculous fees for portfolios and directories, etc.). although your daughter is very cute and obviously loves being photographed, he might have just been blowing smoke up your ass to upsell a package or just stroke your ego too - my daughter was a photographer for picture people and they are constantly being reminded to upsell their packages. where i live there is a local magazine geared toward parents and advertising by companies for kids your daughter's age - in it they have a blurb about how they use only local models and how to submit your child's photo, etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010