How old was your baby when he/she said their first word?

MummaMel

Asked by MummaMel at 6:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my son started saying sock between 6-8 months. cant really remember for sure
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Her first word was dadda and she was 7 months when she said it. Then she said uh-oh, then poopoo, then yum and THEN she said momma when she was 8 months!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 6:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Evie was 6 months and she said nanna
    Mary-Leigh was 9 months and she said momma
    Anthony was 8 months and he said Vevie (that's what he called Evie for the first 3 years of his life!)
    Lily was 9 months and she said sock
    James was 7 months and he said dadda
    Daniel was 8 months and he said Mom
    Anastasia was 8 months and she said pappa
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter was seven months old when she spoke, and at one she was talking. One day we were driving to the store and she said, turn on the radio I want to hear time after time. Of course every one that was in the car was very surprise .
    karkaa

Answer by karkaa at 6:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My oldest was like 8 months and said kitty.
    My oldest son was 6 1/2 months and said ball. Followed later that week by bike, baba, baby, binky and mama (he had a thing for B words...he was speaking in complete sentences by the time he turned 1).
    My middle daughter was 16 months and she said mama.
    My youngest daughter was 8 months, I think and she said mama, too.
    Youngest son is only 8 weeks and hasn't even started to coo yet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Katiana was just under 7 months and her first words were "Oh yeah?" Heh. You can guess what my response to her previus bablings was. LOL.

Lyssette's was "Dalva" - her daycare lady, Portuguese accent and all. She said almost nothing else until she was 1 1/2 when she said, "Mommy, I need help, please." Whuh? Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 9:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

~ that is so freaky if the "time after time" you are talking about is by ozzy, I am listening to that song while I was reading your post lol!
    MummaMel

Comment by MummaMel (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Jacob was 10 months old when he said car and Noah was about the same age when he started singing "we will rock you!" (imitating big brother)
    chije

Answer by chije at 8:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010