Do you put ice in your milk?

I do, lol.... everyone always thinks it is so wierd. I do it because I didn't know I was lactose intolerant for years and always noticed straight milk made me sick. So I figured if I watered it down it might help reduce the effects. Now that I know and I drink lactose free milk, it is just a habit hard to break. :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 6:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I DO I DO I felt the same way whole milk gave me gas or diarreah (sorry TMI) but it was true....I like putting ice in my milk for those reasons somehow it cut back on the gas and the runs...lol Once I did this while I had company and my nephew thought that was strange. I like it when I do this to chocolate milk some how it makes me think I am drinking a chocolate shake all I know it is sooooo good. I like my milk very cold I guess that is why I started putting ICE in my milk...yum!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No but I put my milk in the freezer until it gets an icy crust over the top.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, one small ice cube in a glass.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• NOpe. I could see why you do it though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• no, I don't, but I know a bunch of people that do it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i have once in a while when it just wasn't cold enough... not too much though
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I never have but it could be a great option for sending chocolate milk to school with my son. My 7 year old is also lactose totally intolerant, so on milk day I send him chocolate goats milk. Ice could keep it cooler and save a bit of money as goats milk is pricey.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes, sometimes...not always. I usually take a glass of milk down right then and there because after a few min it's kinda gross after it's gotten warmer...lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sometimes I do, especially when I eating a dessert and I want the milk to be extra cold.
    tnewby

Answer by tnewby at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i LOVE ice with my milk :)

when i was in basic training, i would always drink it like that, and everyone thought i was weird lol
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 6:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010