How do you feel...?

Has anyone ever been through so many HORRIBLE relationsips [from abuse to cheating, etc.] and feels like they will never find the right one?? Or anytime you're interested in someone who seems to be a good guy, it never works out?? Maybe I'm in a rut and I keep meeting "dead end" guys...but when will I get to be happy?? I deserve it, don't I? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You DO deserve it! :) I have been in various horrible relationships just in the past few years and so it has made it very hard to trust and completely open myself up to my boyfriend. We have been dating over a year and a half now but I still struggle. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 6:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• long ago i was reminded that one other thing (besides being horrible) that all these relationships have in common is that i picked them... i had a counselor for depression who recommended the book are you the one for me... check it out.

of course you deserve to be happy... but do you truly believe it and are you willing to put forth the effort to break your bad relationship habits and hold your boundaries? if you have to ask if you deserve it, this is probably where you start - making sure you know that you do.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• also... don't rely on relationships to make you happy. when you know how to be happy without a relationship you are bound to end up in a relationship that is good for you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, you do deserve it. But why do you have to meet a guy to be happy? You need to be happy with yourself. Finding a boyfriend isn't going to change how you feel about yourself, even if he is "Mr Right". You are special and unique in your own right. The right man would just be icing on the cake.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have been down that road and still recovering the last three year of my realtionship life have been hell.... I did finally meet someone great but at the same time I had to make sure I was "fixed" and love myself before I could be happy with someone There are a lot of losers out there and no ones perfect but i agree no one needs a man to be happy you have to be happy and let yourself heal first as YOU.
    vanillabean3

Answer by vanillabean3 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• me, me me, i think i could have written this one
    found this "great" guy only to find out four years later that he wants me to wear a penis and do him in the ass

is not not being gay, except you want a woman to wear it so then you are not gay-come on, he is not fooling anyone
    he does not even know i have a pussy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It just takes time be patient and the right guy will come
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010