What was the number thing you feared would happen while Pregnant?? (not related to the baby)

I thought this would be fun... b/c i drive an hour to work everyday... so my number one fear was having a flat or car problems. Well guess what... I had a flat last night in the rain?! What are some of your number one fears that are not related to your baby!?!

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was afraid I wouldn't go into labor by 42 weeks. Alaska state law says you can't have a midwife attend and you have to have your baby in a hospital if that happens. I would never ever want to have a baby in a hospital, but it would have been that or an unassisted homebirth. Tough decision. I went into labor at 41 weeks and a day, so it wasn't an issue! I had a beautiful out of hospital water birth!

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am right with the poster above. I had a midwife, and I was afraid I was going to have to go to the hospital!! Hurray for non hospital births.

So I am afraid of that again this time.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I worked in an urgent care and I was afraid that my water would break on my chair at work and one of the dr's I work for would have to deliver.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I had 3 things:

1) that I would end up peeing in my pants. My son LOVED kicking my bladder! : 0
    2) my water would break in some public place (WalMart, etc.)
    3) that I would have to be induced. I really wanted that "honey, it's time!" experience. I went to the doctor at 39wks3days and he set up my induction for the following tuesday... I was disappointed but ready to meet my baby. I went home that night & went into labor! Yay! And guess what, I got to say "baby, it's time!" I was so excited! : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Driving three hours to Chicago and having to pull over and puke.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Heard stories like crazy that I'd probably pee myself in public due to trampoline time in the belly. I think my main concern was going into labor and not having my husband around. I know that I'll probably get to call him if that's the case, but I'd love for him to be with me.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• That is also one of my fears... I will go into Labor and my husband will be on a job somewhere and not be able to be with me. I also afraid of going into labor and waiting to long to go to the hospital and having the baby on the way!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I was worried my SO would be at work and too far and miss the birth. Ended up that my water broke at 8:30 AM while I was walking out of the door to go to work. I called my SO and he thought I was just joking with him. When he realized that I was in labor he dropped everything and came. He also got a speeding ticket on the way and the cop didn't believe when he told him I was in labor. By the way, we sent the cop a birth announcement.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have a fear of falling down my stairs in with winter they get really icy, it's a long fall I've done it before OUCH!. Having to have a C-section scares the crap out of me I have no ideal why, and after reading the PP even though i did'nt think about it before I will now, and thats doing in to labor w/o my hubby. I'm always stronger when he's there. He's my rock!!
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i was always afraid i would pee my pants my boys loved to play soccer w/ my insides ... and my hubby worked 13 hour shifts and so i was afraid i would go into laber alone.... but i didnt it was 4 thirty in the morning and he had just gotten home @ 4 lol
    insanemama732

Answer by insanemama732 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008