Do you have regular meals every day, or does your family graze?

No one in our household eats much at one time; as a product of that, we've found it much easier to graze on smaller "meals" throughout the day then to force people to sit down and eat a meal all at once. My mom is horrified by this, because in her mind mealtimes are family time and everyone should be around the table together. She constantly tries to tell me that I "have to get the kids on a regular meal schedule".

I do understand that, and when my kids are in school, we will have dinner together in the evenings. But for the moment, my toddlers (and my husband!) are much happier eating small healthy snacks all day...fruit, whole grains, veggies, cheese, nuts, etc. I find this to be healthier and easier on the digestive system too, so I'm sticking with my decision on this one. (Sorry Mom!)

What does your family do?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 6:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my SO works overnight and has a messed up sleep schedule so we barley ever get to eat dinner together, maybe 2 nights a week. my and my 15 month old eat breakfast and dinner together at the same time but we usually eat different things. when we can we have family dinners together, our family breakfast. but i do think that family dinner is an important thing that once we are done with college and things are more settled, we will do with our children.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• we are grazers supper is the only actual meal we have
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We have regular meals, breakfast lunch and dinner.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• YOu got to do whatever works for your family but I do find a value in sitting down to a meal with family. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010