Is your SO really inconsiderate of you and your feelings and needs?

A friend of ours spent the night with us last night and this morning he and my husband went out to get breakfast. I was still half asleep on the couch when they decided they were going to go and they just walked out the door. My husband said something to me like, "Sleep well?" in a really smart ass tone and then he and our friend just walked out. My husband didn't even ask me if I wanted him to bring me something back or if I wanted to go with them. Am I over reacting by being upset by behavior like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• self centered
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• nope. i would definatly be upset about that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would be aggravated, but maybe they were discussing while you were drifting in and out. And since you didn't get dressed they assumed you weren't interested. I would have called my dh and told me to bring me something back. I wouldn't hold a grudge about this.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• no sounds like he was being a sarcastic asshole. but why were you on the couch?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Why were u on the couch???... and I definately would be pissed
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• if it were my husband i would be shocked instead of mad. he always makes sure i know he is leaving and where he is going and when he will be back, even if i dont care. lol it's one of the things i would blow off.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• him, not you
    fiatpax

• Mine would not have asked me either. He would figure if I wanted something I'd tell him. Why is it always up to him? You couldn't speak up for yourself? Don't be a victim
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• no my boyfriend does this to me(well the part where he is inconsiderate) then whenever I do speak up he gets mad. So I shut up and stay out of his way and I do my own thing. Guys are assholes its just plain simple. Why do you think I never want to get married?
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• maybe he was acting like an ass because of his friend. some guys feel the need to act like douche bags around their friends to be cool. although it's not cool or respectful to be an asshole. i would have called him and asked him why he didn't ask if i wanted any food. does he always act like this? why were you on the couch? maybe he was upset that you slept on the couch and not in bed with him.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010