When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

And what ARE you?

Any regrets?

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 6:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• a teacher. I'm a nurse. I get to teach people stuff at my job. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i wanted to be a vetenarian when i was real young.
    im not done with college. im getting my BA in criminal justice, not sure exactly what im going to be yet though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I always said I wanted to be a Maid and drive around cleaning other peoples houses. Boy would I suck t that job as I hate to clean my house even. lol. I am now doing a job I love. I am a Medical Assistant at a University. Love my job so no regrets.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I was a kid, I wanted to be Mickey Mouse. That has to sound like a total joke, but I'm serious. I was smart enough as a kid to know that I wanted to be the person who dressed up as Mickey Mouse at Disneyland - I thought it would be the coolest job in the world. Growing up, everyone who got to know me realized that I was serious. I went on to fulfill that dream - well, as best I could. It turns out I'm just a little too tall to be Mickey Mouse, but I spent time as Winnie The Pooh, Chip n Dale, and a few other characters. My hubby and I were so poor for most of that time, we lived in/out of our car and sleazy motel rooms. It was one of the most amazing times of my life and I don't have a regret in the world. As I go on to do other things in life, I don't think anything will ever quite compare to the feeling of doing exactly what I wanted despite how many people thought I was nuts!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I was really little I always said I wanted to be a baby elephant...thank goodness that didn't come true...lol
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wanted to be a actress when i was growing up.......
    I am a stay at home mom, and i would not change it for the world!!!
    Although i am sure the money would be nice..lol
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wanted to be a mommy.
    I never really thought out of the box I guess. haha
    But hey I am what I wanted to be!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I was very young I either wanted to be a secretary, a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a Solid Gold dancer, lol!
    Then when I was a teenager I wanted to be a stock broker.
    I am an HR Director and no, no regrets.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 6:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Through most of high school I wanted to be in the medical field, specifically interested in heart surgeon..... It only took about a semester of the various science classes and really talking to people for me to realize I don't like dealing with people (especially when they're in situations dealing with serious health problems and all the associated emotions) and I wanted to actually have a home life. So I switched to computer science. The only looking back I've done since then is related to a sigh and a "phew, dodged THAT bullet". I LOVE my job!
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• paleontologist
    CuSukha

Answer by CuSukha at 7:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010