meals ideas for my 11 months old?

My daughter is breastfed I am just now starting her on more finger foods. I trying to stay away from baby food you buy at the store. So I make all my own foods for her. But I am having a hard time coming up with food for her to eat since I am also staying away from dairy since she seems to get sick. She threws up and become dehydrated. does anyone have some easy fast healthy ideas to feed her?

LeahsMama165

Asked by LeahsMama165 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Soft canned vegetables and fruits chopped into bite sized pieces, like beets, carrots, peas, green beans, ect. or buy some vegetables and cook them till tender, and cut them urself, like cauliflour, broccoli, carrots, potatos, ect. and fruits like grapes, cut in half or 1/4ths and peaches, pears, any soft fruits... mine love bananas and oranges, and for main dishes try chicken nuggets, tater tots, ect.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 8:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• very done veggies that are super soft, gerber makes these ravioli's that my son loved/loves, gerber puffs, cheerios, spaghetti, mac and cheese, toasted cheese, PB & J, tater tots, bananas, fruits
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• veggies and fruit are good places to start... meats with rice... noodles in general
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly just offer what you are eating. Steamed veggies, fresh fruits, potatoes, rice, noodles, etc. No need to make "baby food" at all!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• look at middle eastern diets. they are really healthy, balanced and eliminate the need for dairy in most instances. veggies, fresh and steamed. i wouldn't use canned because of the chemcials and preservatives to put it in the can. and the high amount of salt.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 12:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thank you ladies. all the anwsers helped me start in the right dirction.
    LeahsMama165

Comment by LeahsMama165 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Any soft fruits and veggies. You can steam the harder ones (like carrots). She's old enough that you don't have to puree them, just chop them in to small pieces for her. Don't stress about what she eats. She is getting EVERYTHING she needs nutritionally from your breast milk. :)

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i agree with the other mommies
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010