Will a $5000 tax credit help your medical bills?

It will cover my family deductible, but will do nothing to change my $450 monthly premium or the 20% that we pay for every single bit of care. Because of my daughter and husband we are $10,000 in medical debt.

I am scared because I cannot afford to lose my tax deductions on the $450 & the $10,000 that I owe every year. I am also scared that we lose our coverage through work - if all the small family or single people opt out - my husband and daughter won't get coverage someplace else, and I cannot afford a higher premium.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel the same way. According to McCain's website, the 5000 will automatically go to the health care company that is giving us our insurance. That only covers a little over half of what we pay each year. The scariest part, for me, however is the taxing of our health care benefits through my husbands work. I don't see how it would be fair to tax money that we pay to have health insurance. If this happens, I don't know what we will do. :(
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I dont see it helping. My dad that is 83 had a hospital visit one week it tured out to be 98,000 he cant affrod this he has to sell his home he is now living with me Meicare is not like it use to be by time they were done he owes 30,000 he dosnt have it and 5,000 wont cover it.. I just dont see it helping with medical and hospital visits going up everyday.. It cost to much it need to be regulated some how..
    homemom1620

Answer by homemom1620 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Nope.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Not even close.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think you should look at the healthcare issues. This site spells it out and gives each candidate links. http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-candidates-healthcare-intro13-2008oct13,0,7066440.story
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Obama said last night that he was going to reduce my health insurance by $2,500?....How is he going to do this....my family's health insurance slowly rises in costs every year....Obama needs to clearly state how he is going to get insurance companies to lower health insurance premiums?...it makes no sense at all to me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• With Obama's plan, you will not lose your healthcare coverage through work.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 11:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ruth~What if you don't have Heathcare. Obama REQURES all children to have healthcare. My concerns
    Who pays? I believe his website states a "A National Healthcare System"... Ok, so who is paying for this Socialistic healthcare? If 40% of american's don't pay their federal taxes, could that mean that working american's might be expected to pay for close to the same number of American's healthcare? Where is the incentive to work? Basically he is saying, "Don't work, have kids" get tax credit and National Healthcare
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm afraid that on Obama's plan my husband's employer will stop providing health care to the employees because of the National Healthcare System. So much for the same quality of health care or even the same dr.
    Anonymous

• This doesn't mean jack to me because we don't have insurance nor can we afford it. That is why we are 5000.00 in the hole in medicals bills to begin with
    SistianNoel

Answer by SistianNoel at 12:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008