I have a confession, I'm 35 years old and I've never...

made coffee! I had some at a restaurant tonight and it was so good. So if I buy a little coffee maker, what type and how much coffee should I use to make a good cup?

warrenfamily95

Asked by warrenfamily95 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Buy any coffee maker and buy Maxwell House (I like it the best) Coffee Grounds in a can. Add one scoop per two cups of coffee you are making. So if you put in water for 4 cups of coffee (the measureing #'s are on the glass pot) add two level scoops of coffee. That is what I do for a coffee brands. Enjoy!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was a barista and honestly it's not that hard.... just experiment with it and you will figure out what you like.... have fun with it.... try different flavors and different types ( my fasvorite is a nonfat white chocolate mocha)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• There are directions in the coffee. You can experiment to, to make it stronger or weaker.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i like the fresh ground deli coffee. my rule of thumb is a level tbs of coffee per cup. that's how i like mine though. you can use more or less depending on how you like it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have made lots of coffee in m life...doesn't mean any of it's good :P good luck!!
    eyoungmom88

Answer by eyoungmom88 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• for the perfect cup of coffee i suggest buying a senseo single cup machine and the pods all you do is fill the water and add a coffee pod and press a button perfect cup of coffee for the coffee virgin ;)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't know what kind of coffee pot to suggest but you as far as how much to use, just experiment with it. Go with what it says on the package then go from there. Do you want it weaker or stronger?
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 7:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I use the rule of one scoop of grounds per cup of coffee and it turns out perfect each time, We use a Coffee Press which it the best tasting coffee you can make and have. It is so easy to use a no brainer IMO. Just boil the water and addthe coffee grounds into press, pour the water into the press and let it sit for 4 minutes and then press the top down and bam you have perfect coffee.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i hate coffee
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010