How much do you usually pay for your kids' school pictures?

And do you buy the whole package or just get the cheapest package? We usually go to Walmart for our Christmas pics so we just buy the cheapest or next to cheapest package.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 6:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Too much! We get the least expensive package and so far it has been around $25 and the pictures turn out terrible. The last one they had last spring, they took the pictures and eventually sent them home and the parents were to look over them and decide which ones and which package they wanted and then pay for it. I didn't pay for it because they were horrible. They were blurry and dark and she wasn't even looking toward the camera. I expect a photographer, even a school one, to try a little harder than that.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I just about fell over when I saw how expensive school pictures were last year at the preschool at our elementary school. The CHEAPEST package was $35 and it had hardly anything in it. The most expensive was $60. I ended up buying a $42 package and felt really ripped off. :( Then when picture time rolled around for soccer club I was cringing when I got the flyer but the prices were so much more reasonable. I thin the cheapest package was $15 and I bought a $25 package and got a $15 voucher for even more items on line. This year we are at a private preschool and they are using a local photog for the pics. I haven't seen the price sheet yet, but its the photog I used for my wedding 12 years ago and he was really expensive then. But I know that these will be REALLY good so at least I will be getting what I paid for
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my son i usley get the cheap package of skool pics.... bc i get fam pics and more done somewhere else ......... but i dont want my son to sit out at skool when all the other kids are gettn there pics done so i always just get the small package
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 7:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 15 bucks at preschool. You get a photo fo your child and class picture. Now the photographer stays all day and takes pics and edits them himself. He does a pretty good job. I usuall
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sorry...something happen.

I usually spend 80 bucks after candid shots he takes.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• $20. That covers a class picture and one 8 x 10. I don't like school pictures so I only order the class pic and the 8x10 "a la carte" (the packages are outrageously priced) and then scan them on my scanner to send to family.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The least expensive package - this year, it is $14
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• big package, and about 80 dollars per child!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010