Do you get sick of hearing

people blame Americans of hating and blaming all Muslims? Seems every other question here has some know it all who claims this. If you don't want the Mosque built it's because you hate Muslims. If you believe the Florida Pastor has a constitutional right to burn the Koran (even if you disagree with him) you hate all Muslims. They speak in generalities as if they were facts when that's crazy. I certainly don't hate all Muslims and I fit the above descriptions. I guess someone forgot to tell me I was supposed to hate. Do You hate all Muslims?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No I don't hate Muslims, and I don't assume anyone else does, unless they're going on and on about how all Muslims want the infidel dead or something.

I DO believe, however, that many people are misinformed about Islam and what it really teaches, as well as how its history really progressed.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes! i definatley agree with you.
    its not our fault that quite often people of the indian culture are terrorists and we dont when they are or arent, its not there fault either but thats just the way it is. IMO its religions fault. religion = war
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No I don't. I don't assume or blame the majority on the minority either. If more people did that, the world would be a more peaceful place.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just to be clear to some. I don't mean just people on here think this,.I just referred to recent questions. It seems many people have this false idea and insist on spreading it.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• "religion = war"

This is false. Religion often serves as a vehicle for war, as a banner under which people rally. But the motivations behind the violence are usually geopolitical or social in nature. Religion is just the medium used, the outlet, because its something that people can easily unite under. It also works because if someone wants to justify something, nothing does that better than saying that God said so, or twisting the religion to try to make it seem as though their position is not only acceptable or justified, but mandated - a direct order from God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i hate how people think they have the right to interfere with the rights of others.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No not at all. I really don't hate anyone. I believe everyone has as many rights as me. The thing that bothers me so much about all this hate is that people make the assumption that all Muslims are terrorists. If there is a story about a Catholic Priest that molests little boys, shall I make the assumption that all Catholics molest little boys? If there is a Christian that gets arrested for serial killing, shall I make the assumption that all Christians are serial killers? That's the issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Of course not! I have a couple of very close muslim friends. I am a Christian and I don't agree with the faith itself..., but I don't dislike any"body". I think people rush to conclusions way too fast in an effort to be as "politically correct" as possible. I think the mosque should be moved and I don't agree with the Florida pastor, but I don't agree with the Koran either..., but that doesn't mean I'm a book burner. People really need to seek out the "facts" instead of rushing to judge others...., which funny enough is what they usually accuse us of doing. At church we even have a couple women who are/were(?) Muslims who are coming to our church so that they can learn about the Christian faith and they are welcomed with hugs and love from our entire congregation.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• This is the talk of Saul Alinsky Rule 5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage." This is the ridicule. Insult the opponent, call them names and keep them on the defensive. The problem is that now everyone knows, understands, and recognizes the tactic. I'm not racist, bigoted, paranoid, or intolerant because I know there are jihadist. The fact we make that distinction is overlooked because it diminishes their verbal abuse. I hate no one. I don't like PBO's policies. I don't know him. I might like him. I will never agree with his politics. They can't deal with that. disagree = hate That is the only attack they have. http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's called ignorance. Too many people in this country do not bother to educate themselves on a subject. They listen to the news, read articles in the newspaper and listen to what their friends and family say about a subject then jump on the band wagon. Too many people are not bothering to take the time to seek out answers, do their research and look for facts, not fiction or half-truths. Its fine to have an opinion, just make sure it is a well-informed one!
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010