Why do you support McCain/Palin?

I have watched all four debates and many speeches, read articles, etc. I have weighed the issues. I know who I am voting for and why. I am just curious, with all that is out there:

Why do you support McCain/Palin?

I mean this question honestly. What is the basis of your support? Please be honest. Don't say, "Because Obama..." because I am not asking why you aren't voting for Obama. In fact, if there are any responses that mention Obama at all I will delete them (even if they are in support of him). I want to know why you support McCain and Palin. Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am voting for McCain because he has the experience and the drive and the courage to stand up for what he believes in and carry out his plans. I want someone who will keep values alive by not allowing gay marriage to be legalized. I want someone who respects human life even the unborn baby. I believe that John McCain has the gumption to go up against the other big dogs that are out for a big paycheck and not the well being of the average american family. Senator McCain also has great ideas for our energy crisis. Everything he has said he has backed with feeling and conviction. Although I don't think he will make the perfect president, I believe he will do his damndest to make sure We the People are taken care of to the best of his ability.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 12:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• This is a GREAT question and I am leaning toward McCain b/c of his experience and his love for our country. I am not so sure about Palin, I wish McCain and Biden were on the same ticket :) I also believe that there is a higher being that has our life mapped out. Abortion is wrong in ANY circumstance. A child does not make the choice to be born, a higher being makes that choice and that child serves a purpose in life or it would never have been created.

That being said I am still undecided for a personal reason. My daughter at just 8 months old was diagnosed with cancer and McCain was one of a handful of senators to not pass the bill for more funding for pediatric cancer. So I might have to let go of that issue and make my choice.

HOW ABOUT YOU?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think that because we are in a war that it is very helpful to have a pres who has been there.(military ex. is not NEEDED IMO but it helps)
    I agree that abortion should be a state issue
    I think McCain has a better domestic and foreign policy (I favor diplomacy, but I dont think EVERYONE responds to that.... sitting down to tea just doesnt work for those who just want to watch the world burn!)
    I like Palin, sure she CAN come off ditzy... But I like how she is firm in her convictions and doesnt let people talk down to her or her family... I think she has great resolve and I dont think she is as "in your face" as some say, I think that what she does use is needed.

ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 11:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• He was not my favorite...but between the 2, I like McCain's
    *Tax policies
    *McCain has been a Senator for years giving him the foreign policy exp.
    *McCain is a war hero and understands the pressures of war
    *Education policies---fight for homeschoolers and create a voucher program,
    *His immigration policies seem to be a mite tougher (but not tough enough for me)
    *Health care---I welcome the $5k stipend as well as his details--it will help my family
    *Economy---In order to gain control, you have to freeze spending and then analyze what needs to be reinstated and how.
    *The McCain/Palin team seems to be quite interested in furthering special needs/chronic medical care awareness and support
    *I like small government, not big government
    Do you want more details? I know space is limited here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am voting for McCain because his record shows that he can work as a bi-partisan to get things done...this is very important in regards to our economic problems and with the war in Iraq and foreign policy....I feel McCain has served his country for a very long time and has the experience and qualifications that are needed to fill the office of President for the next 4 years. Having an administration that can put aside their party and work bi-partisan is the only thing I believe that will get this country back on track and the only candidate I see that is going to be able to do that shown by his track record is John McCain!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am voting for McCain because he is the lesser of two evils:) I trust McCain, I think he will put our country first. I feel that McCain is making promises that he can actually deliver and is realistic about.
    I agree with McCain on abortion and gay marriage issues. I believe that McCain has America's safety as a top priority.
    I like that he is not for more gov't. I believe that McCain will fight pork-barrel spending and that he will fight for global warming but do so realistically.
    I believe that McCain will be able to make tough decisions that are right and not just popular.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• All of the above : )
    There's no sense in me re-typing what the ladies above have said. They put it all into perfect words for me!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• And I would like to add I like his energy plans!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah the energy plans I agree with as well... I LOVED when he said Nuclear, and that we have had it on subs with no probs.... I had to come back because my brain isnt fully awake yet! LOL....
    McCain has his faults at the start of all this I didnt really like him.... or anybody for that matter. but I have done some research, and watched everything I can on this (all debates) and I agree alot more with McCain. For the reasons I stated and the reasons everyone added!
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 12:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am a tax preparer. I am voting Republican b/c I do NOT want to "share the wealth" thank you very much. I work hard for my money, I want to keep my money and use it for reasons that I choose. During tax season, the most angry, head strong, full of attitude clients I have are the ones that believe that they weren't given "back" enough refund. Refund? They didn't pay in, so why are they supposed to get a refund? Noooo...I will vote republican, happily.
    I do NOT want my money to pay for abortions. I am a grandmother and believe that every life is worth something, not a bag of garbage. I find that many liberal party members will protect animals but not human infant. I cannot follow a party that believes as such.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008