Why doesn't my boyfriend say "I love you"?

We've been dating for a year but have been fighting the last couple months. We were bickering alot but now all that is solved. Also, we are very romantic with each other and spend ALOT of time together, we play, joke, laugh, kiss, hug... Everything. So why doesn't he say "I love you"? I know that he does simply by the way he looks at me and the way he holds me. Is it just that he is feeling unsure about us? Or does he not love me anymore? I know that it is caused by our fight because that's when he stopped saying it, but why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Only he can answer that. Just ask him

Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Ask him. Honestly, you can't expect us to have the answer, right? Just ask him.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I love you are just words. People use it a lot. what I say is, action speak louder than words. He is showing you that he loves you.
    karkaa

Answer by karkaa at 7:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Maybe he doesn't anymore? He could still care a great deal about you but not love you.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• if he used to and now does not=concern
    if he never did, he may not use words well to express his feelings

hope you have better days ahead
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Do you tell him you love him? It is possible he feels secured with you and doesn't need to say those 3 words. He could be showing you his affection and love in other ways that he feels he doesn't need to say the words you wish to hear.
    blossom392

Answer by blossom392 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Maybe he is telling you in other ways, like the nice things he does for you. I long chat is what is needed here I think.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sit him down and just ask him....keep your cool, don't get defensive or emotional, just ask...
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• as long as you feel it does it truly matter if he says it or not. my husband says it all the time that it just runs off my back like water to a duck. i wish he would do more to show it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• maybe he doesn't love you, maybe hes shy, who knows.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010