anyone ever use tea tree oil for scabies? adult content

does it work?
have used the Rx cream from the dr. and still itchy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• It couldn't hurt......It's a natural antiseptic

I put it on my DD's cold sores and it clears them up before they even form a blister.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Be careful of the Rx cream - lindane-containing medications (Kwell) has multiple hazards to children. Nervous system disturbances have been observed and reported in scientific literature.
    I have read the soaking in a hot bath for 20 minutes each night with 1 ounce of Renew Bath oil and 1 ounce of Sol-U-Mel helps. Also, apply T36-C5 (high quality Melaleuca tea tree oil) to the affected areas each morning and night and apply Renew Intensive Skin Therapy or Triple Antibiotic Ointment to give long-term protection against infection. You can also apply Pain-A-Trate to extremely itchy areas.
    Whichever TeaTree oil you use make sure it has a minimum content of 35% Terpinen, 4-ol and a maximum of 10% Cineole (these are the oil's two key components)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2010