Is it fair that my husband doesn't like to do house chores?

blossom392

Asked by blossom392 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Certainly. I don't like it either. If he doesn't want to do household chores, then he can do something else like fixing things around the house, etc... He doesn't have to do the same things you do or "want" him to do... He's his own person.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i dont like them either, doesnt mean i get out of doing them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If he's the breadwinner it's okay but if we both have to work, we both have to do house chores.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• mine is useally right behind me finishing up what i start it is a lil annoying
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes and no. do you do yard work or work that he normally does? if so, then he should do housework as well. i'm pretty fortunate that i rarely do any yard work or outside work with my husband, yet he helps in the house when he's not doing all that other stuff. he also does the renovations (with help from me sometimes), just asks that when i'm not busy, keep him company while he works.

i think the two of you should sit down and talk; let him know how you feel and come to a compromise. Good luck!
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 7:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• In my house everyone is held accountable and has to help out with household chores-- wether they like it or not.   We ALL live in this house, we ALL should be responsible for keeping it clean.

sweeping   washing dishes

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Well while it's not fair and unless you both work I can see a bit of him getting out of house chores as long as he did outside chores but if you both work then no it's not fair. Maybe you could tell him you take care of make a list & I'll take care of make a list. We both work and both do inside and outside stuff although I do more inside stuff then he does. Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think my SO has ever washed a dish in his life! He's a rancher though, and his life revolves around his cows... I've gotten used to it....some things have changed though, I actually make him put his dishes in the sink, his clothes in the basket, etc.... it helps alot
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Not many people like doing chores but they have to be done. My kids didn't like doing them when they were growing up but I gave them a choice of which ones they would rather do. That worked. It's compromise and team work. Tell him to put on his big boy pants and get the job done so he can go out and play.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I dont think anyone likes doing chores, but they need to be done, maybe you can talk to him and you both can come up with a way to compromise.
    PiscesMommy021

Answer by PiscesMommy021 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010