there was blood in my breast milk! HELP!

i just had my daughter on wednesday and im breast feeding.. when she is sleeping and i start leaking i pump, i started leaking and when i pumped the milk was pink! is this common, should i go see a doctor or what, i read that it was safe for the baby but idk if i can get over the fact that there is blood.... i dont know what to do!

Paige-0

Asked by Paige-0 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Call the hospital and the Pedi and ask them. I didn't get to breastfeed, so I'm not sure. Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• its okay. Im sure it is scary but just do not be concerned. You are doing the very best for your baby and for your body. Here is something I found about it. http://www.loveyourbaby.com/blood-in-breast-milk.html
    Call a lactation specialist if you need some more support. :) congratulations on your new baby.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Are you sure that your nipples aren't cracked and might be bleeding?
    CuSukha

Answer by CuSukha at 8:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010