do your children have a specific bedtime/nighttime routine? what time? how old are your kids?

my daughter is 2 mos and just started sleeping in her room in her crib...we need to start a nighttime routine that begins at the same time every night...keeping in mind her age...advice please? and five me some ideas by telling me what you do and when...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids have always had a nighttime routine. The oldest has been going to bed at 8pm for almost 12 years now. Sidenote: I'd let her go to bed later if she'd get up in the morning.

The routine was pretty simple. I would feed them, bathe them (though not every night when they were itty bitty), put them in their PJs, etc. I'd rock them for 5 or 10 minutes, then put them in their crib and rub their back for about a minute. Not sure if it was the routine or just my kids, but they were both sleeping through the night at 4 and 6 weeks old.

Good luck!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 10:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my dd is almost 8mnths, her bedtime is 8:30 every nite..she gets her last bottle and then bed..we usually play for a few mins after i put on her pj's and that it..i just lay her down turn on her mobile and shes out like a light
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My DD has always had a routine once she started sleeping through the night. Once she was around 6 months and showing interest I added reading to her to our routine. She would get her bottle and then I would hold her and then put her in her crib. Once she was interested I moved to her room and she drank and then we read and then I put her in her crib. We had to adjust when I would put her in awake vs putting her in asleep (awake is better so they can learn to go to sleep on their own) but until this summer my DD (at 2) was going to bed at 7:30 and now is going to bed at 8. I would personally like to go back to 7:30 cause she is a bear in the mornings but we have just left it at 8pm. I am not going any later since it takes us forever in the morning as it is.
    Expecting1st

Answer by Expecting1st at 10:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2010