Do your at home? I am a single mom And I need an extra income !!!

If you work or had worked home online what is your experience. I have read and heard about paid surveys. Can you send me the webside link? Thanks

zip10469

Asked by zip10469 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• i tried the paid surveys. You basically have to spend hrs on these surveys and once you do so many you get paid or a "cance" to get money. NOT worth your time. I started watching children for extra $ and then after awhile got state licensed and did care from my home. made great money and got to stay home with my kids.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have a Full time Time job. I live in NYC and the rent and the bills are killing me.
    zip10469

Comment by zip10469 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Don't do it. It's a scam! I agree on watching kids as lovmyhubby mentioned. Or you could try Avon or MaryKay.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Or look into moving NYC is expensive!!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ , http://www.iavoa.com/ , http://www.vanetworking.com/ ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Look into Scentsy.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have just updated my Blog with some new ideas.  You can check them out here:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• In NYC, I'd either start a small dog walking service or pooper scooper - seriously you can make good money with a nominal amount of time / effort. I know it sounds terrible, but it works!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have heard nothing but bad things about the survey deal from home. I always thought it was a scam and some of my friends confirmed it. ha!
    I would love to share with you my journey with a company that I work from home for and it has been the biggest blessing in our life. I would love to share this business opportunity with you honey! Let me know if you are interested in hearing more about it! Hope this helps
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 12:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Paid surveys are not really worth your time. I'd suggest if you need to work at home and will have free time with no distractions, apply to West At Home, LiveOps, Convergys, or other companies. Check out www.workathomenoscams.com, Eddy has a lot of different work at home companies there and he also reviews different work at home programs.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 10:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010