What could this mean?

My 3 year old repeats things such as, "Momma, I... I.... I.... I.... I.... I.... I ate my food."
She doesn't seem to be stuttering.... just repeating herself.

She will also do/say things like, "I'm in my carseat mommy. I'm in my carseat mommy. I'm in my carseat mommy." Etc.

It is always about five times. And she pauses in between each statement for about a second or two.

She had hearing problems which resulted in her having tubes put in back at the end of Feburary. I kind of wonder if it has anything to do with me having to repeat things to her so much when she couldn't hear me, but I'm not sure.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My boys do that too. I think sometimes they just have so much to say and can't always get it out fast enough.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Might be. Talk to her pediatrician about it.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my 4 yr old does it he id adhd
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my 3 yr old says things over and over and over and over again until i say something. then she will think of something new to say 20 times. it's annoying, but i think it's just her being 3.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My oldest child did that because of a lot of ear infections(she had tubes but in at a 1yr and again at 2yr).. she ended up in speech for a little while.. It how she learned to hear and speak because of the ear infections now that the tubes make it easier for her to hear she has to relearn how to talk
    RowanSkye

Answer by RowanSkye at 7:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It could be that.....or she is just going through a stage and she'll get over it...I would double check with her doctor next time you take her in
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• its not really a sign just something he does
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My boys do that when they are really excited. Sometimes they are just talking so fast that their brain is ahead of their mouth and they get stuck on a word (I is a popular one they get stuck one). They will repeat the same sentence over and over until I acknowledge what they say.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'd talk to your doctor.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would say the same for my daughter Jennifer except she is processing as she is trying to speak. I have had someone tell me she may be ADHD as navywifemomkoch stated her child is, but I wasn't sure if that really is a sign or not?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010