What should my biracial babys skin look like BEFORE she gets her pigment?

ok, I was wondering what my baby girl's skin is supposed to look like since she apparently has not gotten her skin pigment yet...she is so extremely fair... like whiter than white babies...and im not exagerrating. I have overheard people making very rude comments about there being NO way she has an ounce of black in her & its getting very old :X
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

brailees_mammy

Asked by brailees_mammy at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES! I have 2 1/2 black 1/2 white kids and YES they were born looking white and YES people made comments. YES YES YES. It happens. Just worry about taking care of the baby, not their skin pigment. You knew your baby wouldn't look a certain way when you decided to have a baby with someone of a different race than you. It happens to all of us.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sorry, that must have come off really mean. But yeah many biracial babies look VERY VERY white when they are 1st born. Don't let it worry you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have twins that are half hispanic and half white. They were so dark when they were born and until they were teens that I was accused of not being their mom. I have twin grandbabies that are hispanic and some days they look really light and some days dark. My other granddaughter is half hispanic and half black and her skin is as light as the twins when we put them up against each other. I guess it really depends on her pigmentation. She might have taken the lighter pigmentation and this is common. Good luck!! I bet she is beautiful!! :)
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My Mother in Law is a Labor and Delivery nurse and she says that most biracial babies are born white. She says that it is really hard to tell until they are a couple of months old. I believe it too because we are Foster Parents and we have had two bi racial infants in our care and they looked white as well.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• DD is 1/4th black and when she was born she was SOO dark, she really looked like a black baby! But as time went on she got lighter, now she's a really pretty tan. It takes awhile for their true colors to come in. If anyone is rude just tellthem to mind their own business. It doesn't matter what color her skin turns out to be as long as she is healthy and happy!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well, first you have to think about Genetics or Or you from a bi racial family ? You can tell usually by their ears, finger tips or if its a boy by his penis. Those usually are kind of discolored if they are going to get darker.
    Blue1212

Answer by Blue1212 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well, I love her either way. Its just kinda odd, I thought she would change by now. She has light brownish hair and bright blue eyes and the whitest skin you ever wanna see. She is 12 weeks old today and not a thing on her is brownish or even looks slightly tan. I guess I'm just letting peoples comments get to me :C
    brailees_mammy

Comment by brailees_mammy (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Some biracial kids take more of the Caucasian genes. It happens. She may always stay the same skin tone, she may not. My son is 1/2 black 1/2 white and he was born a little lighter than he is now but not by much. But my BFF has a daughter whose father is as dark skinned as can be and that little girl is very pale and she's almost 3.
    jaydenzmama

Answer by jaydenzmama at 1:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2010