ok for your husband to smoke pot- even if you don't want him to?What to say and do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No way! I would NOT be okay with that... and I would let him know it. I wouldn't leave him over it but... he'd know how I felt.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i would say "i dont want to know you are doing it" as in dont do it at home or around me or the kids. if he wants to that's his choice but it's mine to have him around if he is high.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Heck no! What kind of question is that? I would not allow "ANYONE" to smoke cigarettes around my kids, let alone drugs. Tell him if he chooses to use and abuse drugs, then he need to take it elsewhere. Its not fair to you or your kids to even inhale that junk. What an idiot!!! You need to get him out of your home.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would definitely leave him too if he does not stop using. I have zero tolerance for drug users and dealers. If you have to go to that route to do any of these, you are a loser, sorry.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i have a friend and her boyfriend does this. she doesnt do it (she clearly let me know) and he doesnt even have a job to support himself so if he needs money for something, she has it. not too long ago she told me that even though he broke his arm, like long time ago, he does things with his arm that he could get a job with. he refuses to get a job because his excuse is that his arm is broke but yet he wants to go hunting and stuff. if you are supplying him the pot (thats why i gave this example because my friend does supply him the money), then i would tell this husband that he needs to find his own money to do it OR remind him that the money could be spent somewhere else.

dont give him much options to do it. try to work your way around it so he will quit
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• it's not ok and i didn't like it when my ex done it. did you read the part where i put he is an EX. yea i don't like being second best to his drug abuse. he will tell you your not. i once abused drugs and to me it really didn't seem like it was more important but obviously looking back at it now it was. i had no place to live, my children lived with my mother and i rarely worked. being a drug user only makes you a loser. i'm not a loser anymore. my kids are #1 and i wouldn't tolerate this from myself yet alone a man. you have no option but to decide if you want this to be your life. you can't say or do anything that will make him change. you obviously knew at one point he smoked pot. you accepted him then and you have no choice but to accept him or leave. the only thing you can change is whether your going to put up with it or not.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would want him to share LOL. I have no issue with weed.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• heck no not at all
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• As long as he didnt do it in my house or around my kids its his choice but he is paying for it and everything else that he is suppose to
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• did he smoke when you met him? probably so. it amazes me how many women get with a man expecting to change them into the man they want. you cant ask someone to change who they are for you. im in a very similar situation, but i realize that i fell in love with him as he is, so why should i expect him to change? you can either learn to live with it or move on, but dont try to change him...it will only lead to fights, sneaking, and lying. and eventually you will resent eachother and he will look for a woman that accepts him as he is and you will look for a man that is more to your liking.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010