Being made fun of while working out?

So today I walked three miles I had some appointments down town for my production company and some woman was making fun of me as I was walking and I thought why does she care? Yes I have self esteem after losing 400 pounds over the last six years I have fifty more to go. But I want to know why people think they have to say something?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow!!! Keep it up! People tend to make fun of ppl to make themsevles feel better about themselves. They are ppl with low self esteem themsevles, and get plesure out of making fun of others. Don't let it get you down. You just keep up all the good work you been doing.
    bunny_13

Answer by bunny_13 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• you go girl that is awesome. treadmill

insecurity. that is all it is, they are not happy with themselves so they have to try to make other people share in their misery. misery loves company. the best way to get back at people is to show them their opinion doesn' t mean a thing to you. it just gets under their skin.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She is just jealous and insecure. She wishes that she had the confidence to go out and do all the positive things you are doing for yourself, but she lacks the security to do so, so instead she tries to bring you down. I would just do it more often! Way to be!
    RunzWithScissor

Answer by RunzWithScissor at 8:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Because they have no self esteem. It makes them feel better about themselves if they can put down a confident woman. Next time, look her up and down slowly and smile or laugh and walk away. BTW, good for you loosing all that weight. Bet you feel better. Good luck with the last 50.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got stuck going down the slide at the park today, and I got laughed at by various sets of parents, of all shapes and sizes, I guess I kind of figured when my peers got older and had children of there own, these childish games would stop, I guessed wrong. It has to be self esteem problems, after all they laugh at me, because I got stuck on a slide in the park, I laugh at them because there to lazy to play with there children!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 8:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010