not gaining weight!

no matter what i do i cant gain weight im 27 weeks and ive gained only 8lbs with my son i gained 73lbs just belly....will she be ok if im not gaining the 25-30lbs that the doctors want us to gain?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 8:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never gained weight with my first daughter at all! In fact, I lost 32lbs while preggers with her, haha. All women are built differently, if your doc doesn't know that, than you might want a new one. Most women who are overweight (even by just 20-30 lbs) will most likely stay the same weight or even lose weight according to new research.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You are okay because you still have time to gain. In the end you can gain it all. In the beginning many women don't gain much or lose alot due to morning sickness. If the baby is okay then it will be okay. As long as you are healthy and drinking lots of water then the baby will be fine. I am overweight and my doctor said I still can gain 20-30lbs and be okay.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• with my 1st I gained 50 lbs, this time (I'm 30 wks today) I've lost 12, haven't gained any. And I have not been sick at all. My doctor isn't concerned as long as the baby is growing and developing on schedule and so far he looks perfect....an-apple-a-day is right. Most women who are over weight, even by just a few lbs will stay the same or lose. I wasn't overweight when we got pregnant this time around...however the first time I was about 30 lbs over weight...so it was completely opposite for me, BUT for MOST women, the research shows overweight women shouldn't and usually won't gain much if any while pregnant.
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 8:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't worry too much about it...I was very petite pre-pregnancy and didn't start gaining anything until I was 22 weeks along...the baby was measuring big and everything, but I just wasn't putting on the lbs. The dr told me that as long as the baby is gaining the necessary weight that he/she needs to and is doing well developmentally, then you're fine. And now I'm 28 weeks and I'm up 14 lbs...
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010