How can I get rid of cradle cap?

I have tried olive oil, washing it with a washcloth, What else can I try?

Asked by S0CalM0mma0503 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use gentle naturals and it worked great.

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• whats that?

Comment by S0CalM0mma0503 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• after a bath while my som was sleeping I use to sit there and gently brush his scalp with the baby brush, it slowing came out.

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I used this balm and a tooth brush.

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Our pediatrician recommended mineral oil. We just stopped washing her head every day and it slowly went away on it's own.

Answer by newmommy0409 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I use Baby oil in the tub just before i wash his hair. I let it sit while he plays and then I wash his hair. It seems to have worked really well.

Answer by bbchic at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My pediatrician told me to use Head 'n Shoulders (or a generic brand like it). It's worked great on Samuel..he use to have it bad to where it itched him terribly.

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• for us worked baby oil and brush

Answer by alee72 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• by the way, if you look it up and ask a doc, they will tell you DO NOT USE OIL! Cradles cap is actually a deosit on te scalp from too much oil, thats why is wont work as far as perminatly. You need to simply wash the hai and use a soft bby brush and brush against the grain! Kep the scalp dry, head and shoulders is also anoption, but make sur it is the oily sclp formula! If anyone wants to insist I am wrong, I have 4 children and one on the way, and have actually researched this!

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Natural solution: Make a very diluted mixture of T36-C5 Melaleuca oil blended with olive oil. Combine thoroughly and apply to the affected area. Leave it on for several minutes before shampooing with the Koala Pals Tear-Free Conditioning Hair Wash. Good luck :)

Answer by Dew1 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010