Have you had a professional spray tan and is it worth it?

Asked by rylarosewood at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I did for my junior prom a few years back and it looked great but it rubbed off on the inside of my dress and when it comes off it wears off in patches and so you have like a big white splotch in various places it looks awful! I tried scrubbing it off when this happened (i've had 3 they were all the same and I went to different places to make sure it wasn't just the person who was doing it or anything) and to get it off my skin was raw because I had to scrub so hard and it hurt too much to do this so I dealt with it =(

Answer by cristyanne at 11:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i did it for my wedding and i wasnt impressed... you can look at the pics on at i was still pretty white but not as white as i was before and i had lines in it.

Answer by hendrickson at 12:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes, and no it wasnt... its the same as any other tan, when it starts coming off its blotchy and icky.. and they can make you look really orange. The best product I have used really is the natural glow gradual tanners.. but be warned you need to use moisturizer with them, because they dont moisturize enough on their own and your skin can dry out and look patchy. I like Loreal Sublime Bronze for an overnight tanner, its great but only lasts 5-6 days tops.

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had one and it started coming off after a day or two in patches.

Answer by lisafc at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you get a Mystic Tan it is great! I love it. If I had the time to get away I would go every week. It does last about two weeks though so I think it is worth the money. I got it done for 30.00. So not much.

Answer by giasmommy20 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mystic Tan is the best that I have found. I got it done for my wedding and it lasted about 2 to 3 weeks. Did not come off in patches either.

Answer by tngal at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My hubby got pro spray tan before we went on our Cabo looked great. Only lasted 2-3 weeks, probably cause we went swimming a lot but he thought it was totally worth it. Make sure to exfoliate before going

Answer by nkleintank at 3:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i love the mystic tan. I have had it done seveal times and never was unhappy with the results. you need to use lots of lotion and if you do, it will last up to one looks very natural and has no orange or streaks.

Answer by karrey at 5:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If done right it can look flawless, totally worth the money.

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• ddddont waste yer money. I have yet to see or get one that looks anything other than FAKE.

Answer by mamakirs at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2008