first born in the room while you give birth?

is it ok or what do you think by having your first born in the room while you give birth?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 8:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is our plan. we honestly do not have any other options. our 3 yr old dd will be in the room when her sibling is born. she is pretty excited about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• depends on the age & are you going to get the epidural? cause if u dnt then you might be screaming n it might scare them would they be able to handle that ?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have quite a few times whilst giving birth and it's never seemed to harm them, in fact they fall asleep normally and then we wake them up for the big moment. They find it very interesting and think it's nice to share something that personal with me.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, my 10 year old will be in the room when her Brother is born. If allowed, my six year old will be too. I think it is good for them to be in there....I want them up by my head though and not watching.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Well we did but my 1st born was 24 when her sister was born. My oldest daughter though didn't have her 1st born in the room when she had her 2nd or 3 rd child.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• To me birth, while natural is an adult thing, just like the act of concieving is natural but also "adult". My children have their whole lives to be adults but just a short time to be children, so I'd rather let them have their childhood now and experience childbirth as adults.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I still haven't decided. Chris won't be here (deployed) and I'm asking my mom to fly out. If my MIL does to I am not having either in the room and they can keep Connor busy.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am having a csection so obviously my son cannot be in the room. But I do plan on other then my husband my son being the very first person to meet his new sibling. Just him and no one else.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My DIL allowed her two girls to be in the room if they wanted to. It bothered them to see their mom in pain and discomfort so the grandmom took them out & distracted them until the baby came. Then they saw that mom was OK and happy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• no it would be a nightmare lol he cant bc im a csection anyway we dont have anyone to keep him here so my mom is taking off work to stay a week and keep him while im in the hospital so my husband can be there w me. if i did have a labor i wouldnt bc he is really worried about ppl in pain even if you try to hide it and ive seen a toddler in once get really scared they were crying and didnt understand what was going on so it was upsetting. i think the older the better but its all your preference and how you feel your child will do
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010