I'm all out of imagination - story ideas?

My children like me to tell them stories from the top of my head - especially since they prefer to be read to in the dark so it's hard to read a book. It's been so many years of making up stories that I'm seriously all out, my brain's closed for business... Does anyone have any ideas for stories/what do you make up for your children? If there are any actual detailed stories feel free to PM me them :P. I just want to excite them again instead of the old "not this one again..."

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 8:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• When I filled in the 5 yr old classroom I would sit the children down and put a twist to the Three Bear story. I changed it up where the bears told the story and told why they went in the woods and how goldielocks was at grandma's house first and the big bad wolf scared her away and she ended up at their house. The kids LOVED it and parents even asked if they could use the same concept at home. Try it with any two stories that are similar. Good luck!! :)
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Have them help you come up with ideas. Like Adam Sandler did on "Bedtime Stories".
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010