What is a tolerable number of time for a toddler to be bitten at daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ZERO. I mean as parents we know our care providers can't be everywhere at once and it may happen. hpefully if it happens its followed up with a call to Mom, an explanation and a pro-active measure to see that it does not happen again. I know my daycare had a three-strikes policy. If the child bit, hit or otherwise hurt another child three times they were asked not to return to the facility for the safety of the other children and for the facilities liability. Accidents happen sure... biting is Not an accident.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 8:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Once or maybe twice, unless they get a new child, then it could happen once more.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would only tolerate it happening to my child once. If the same child has bitten numerous children, the daycare should have addressed it and it should be done and over with or the child should not be allowed back in the daycare.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would love to discuss this with you privately, if you want to PM me. I'm a nurse at a daycare and we deal with this problem over and over. (different kids, lol...)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Hmm depends - kids fight yes but if a child is repeatedly doing this to your child then I'd have expected the daycare to have dealt with it by now.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Once I would be upset, but accidents happen. Twice I'd be really upset and losing patience. Three times and I would demand immediate action with the daycare, or pull my child out. Enough is enough.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Is it the same kid every time or different kids?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I run a childcare. I had 3 brothers that bit, kicked therew fits- you name it! I told the parent after the 1st incident that they could not behave that way and even had her sign a form stating that she was warned. She did not take it so well (her kids were just acting "normal" to her).
    After one day one of them caused my daughter, who was 1 at the time to have a bloody nose and bit another child within the same hr I called her up and said she needed to have someone pick them up.She never brought them back, which was okay for me! Basically, if its one child that keeps biting the provider needs to make sure this child is supervised at all times or give notice to find other care.Its normal for kids to act this way but if your child is getting bit over and over, I would find another daycare with mabey more helpers or less children.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 8:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Never, but since it does happen .. It should happen only once.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• none
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010