Are you....

raising your Children in a Christian Home?

Do you do Devotions? Do you pray as a Family? Do they know that God is where our help comes from in times of trouble?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 8:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Yes I am. We don't do devotions as often as we should or pray together as often as we should, so thank you for your reminder... and yes, he knows God will help him.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope. We are raising our children to understand multiple religions.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm not religious. So the answer to all of these questions would be No.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• no we dont
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i dnt go to Church on Sundays but we do pray to God every night b4 he goes to bed so he knows a little about him
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope We aren't raising John to believe in God Just yet. Its wayy to young to start worrying about going to hell. Hubby believes in god though, while I am a wiccan.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I take my dd to church because she loves the social part. Her Nana would always take her when we lived closer to fam. I grew up a very active protestant but have become an atheist, and it makes it hard to use the lessons dd learns at church for anything more than fables that show positive ways to deal with problems. I don't tell her there is no god or Jesus, and I even encourage the WWJD ideas, but I don't tell her that god is watching or that anything that happens is "his will." Someday she'll make that decision, and I will support her either way.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 8:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When they were younger but since their dad decided to leave the Christian faith... it is harder. Kids go by example. Both believe in God but Im not pushing it with them as we are going through a divorce so its not necessarly on the top of my list.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't understand "devotions" but I do pray before the Blessed Sacrament and pray the rosary frequently. I have several other prayers I try to remember to say daily, as well as the Prayer of St Gertrude the Great. Once in a while I'll pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I suppose those are devotions.

As a family, sometimes I play the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on CD for the family to listen to. We pray before every meal, and read bible stories and do bible activities. Before Sunday Mass I will print out a Gospel Activity from catholicmom.com for the kids to complete, so they are familiar w/ the Gospel reading for that day. DH & I teach our kids God loves His Divine Providence and point out His majesty in every natural thing around us, and in every talent, strength and skill they, or other people, have.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes
    as much as you can with a 5yo's understanding and attention span
    yes, quite often
    ehh..he's not there yet. if you asked him where his help comes from, he'd say 'momma and daddy'. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010