how to make new friends an become more social?

im a single mom i have a hard time making new friends i get along with mostly men but i think i should make girl friends that are like me its hard to find many people that are like me how do i do it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Find play groups and you just have to do it!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• While its nice to know other Mom's I look for girlfriends. I actually took out an ad on craigslist in the activities section saying I was looking for girlfriends to make friends with. I enjoy reading, movies,cooking etc. I had a number of responses from some genuinely nice ladies. I found that the people willing to respond are open-minded people like myslef. If they have children thats just one more bonus but i need friends more than I need to find playmates for my children just so I can keep my sanity. That and the kids have school... they aren't hurting for social interaction or friends. I am!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 8:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Have you gone to the story hours at the library? You might find friends that way and the library might have other activities for young moms and kids posted. Just an idea............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've found friends in some of the most random places - even one from a misdialed text message. One thing I've learned and was the most helpful: Don't be afraid to make the first move. Say hi, ask questions. Even if they aren't super responsive at first, keep it up unless they give an obvious sign (like walking away - heh). Often times they're just shy. They may be in the same boat as you.

Good luck!

BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 9:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010