I got stuck on the slide at the park today Lol

I got stuck going down the slide at the park today, and I got laughed at by various sets of parents, of all shapes and sizes, I guess I kind of figured when my peers got older and had children of there own, these childish games would stop, I guessed wrong. It has to be self esteem problems, after all they laugh at me, because I got stuck on a slide in the park, I laugh at them because there to lazy to play with there children!
How many of you play with your children, get stuck on slides, wet bottoms from the dew in the mornings, and roll down hills of grass with your wee ones?
Do you care of people laugh at you?
I must admit, I laughed at myself, but there is a big diffrence in laughing with people, and laughing at them. Lol

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always do stupid stuff with my kids. Skip through the mall, roll down hills at the park. I am sure people laugh it me but I don't care. This is the stuff my kids will remember and their opinion of me is way more important than anyone elses!
    RunzWithScissor

Answer by RunzWithScissor at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I skip down the street, roll in the grass, get a wet butt sitting on the grass, I climb the playground equipment, but I will admit that I draw the line at going down the slide.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Has nothing to do with childish games, or insecurity- it was simply funny! I've done it several times, and needed an assist to get freed. Such is life... Doesn't bother me when people laugh, they aren't laughing at me, they're laughing with me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'd laugh... but only because I am right there with you and it would feel good to know that I'm not the only one this stuff happens to. I'm the biggest clutz ever!!
    Do you know that one night my friends and I were sitting around after a night of clubbing and one of my REALLY hot guy friends says, "Becca's that hot chick that walks out of the bathroom at 88 (a super hot club in our area) and you're like, "Daamnn", but then you see her upclose and she's got spinach stuck in her tooth and toilet paper stuck to her shoe."
    EEK! LOL! All I can do is say, "wow! you think I'm hot from afar? Thanks!"
    :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i get dirty with my kids
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I do all that stuff with my nieces. Running through sprinklers,rolling down hills, swinging, going down the slide etc. Can't wait to have my own to do it with
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Today while I worked out and was walking three miles a woman laughed at me. I would play basketball and football and swing on the swings with my kids and people would laugh but I would laugh back because at least I am working on losing weight and having a good time with my kids who cares what they say. I still wonder why they have to say anything anyway? lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think it's important to play WITH your kids rather than watch your kids play. Unfortunately there are always going to people who LAUGH AT people. They are worthy of every bit of ignoring I can muster up!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lol I've done that before, but oh well you're playing with your kids and thats what counts. I would have thought it was funny too but only because I would be the next one stuck most likely ! Everybody looks at me like I'm nuts when I'm playing with them but I don't care they love it and thats what matters, before long they won't want to play with me anymore so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I know what you mean just bc you become a mom does not mean you give up your childish days you continue to be a kid with your kids. I admit sometimes I am too tired to play but there are days I actually play with them. One day I took my kids to McDonalds we ate then they wanted to play in the Play Place I said go ahead next thing you know I am inside the Play Place I was in there for about 20 mins. When I first went in no one was in therestaurant by the time I came out there were atleast 4 families they all had this look like why in the heck is that lady in there (even though those things are big enough for us adult kids) I just got out saying ...whew that was fun :) and went on my business ;) Lets continue to act like kids with our kids ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010