Please help i don't know what to do anymore (22 month old phase?)

ok so my daughter is 22 months old now, and she has found 2 new ways to irritate me and her daddy lol.
1st she loves to take off her diaper all the time. i put her in a onesie, she unsnaps it, i put pants on her she pulls them off and takes her diaper off ne ways. but if she's not taking her diaper off, she's digging in it for ''surprises'' for us.

2nd we put her to bed at the same time everynight, kiss her goodnight, etc. she goes right to bed with no issues, until an hour later, she wakes up and starts crying or screaming. and we figure we'll let her cry herself back to sleep. well she will make herself cry until she throws up. if we go in her room right when she starts to cry, she still crys until she gags and throws up.

i don't know what to do anymore, im so frustrated please any advice or tips would be wounderful Thank you

Wife_Mommy_18

Asked by Wife_Mommy_18 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 21mo old who does some very similar things! The diaper thing is frustrating, but I think I agree with the first answer - she's probably ready to start potty training.

As for the crying, what I try to do with my DD is when she gets really hysterical at night, I stick my head right next to the bedroom door and start talking in a very soothing voice. "It's okay, Mommy's here, I love you, time for nigh-nights. Nigh-night baby, I love you," etc etc etc. I don't go in and pick her up or anything like that, but I let her hear my voice. I do it once and then I walk away for a few minutes; usually that's enough to calm her down. If it doesn't work the first time, I might go in and lay her back down, tuck her back in, etc but no cuddles or picking her up...just matter of factly put her down and say "night night". GL! This stage can be tough because they're learning how to push all your buttons!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If she taking off her diaper then it means she is ready to be in undies, I would start on potty training, she is old enough.

With the night time crying... I would let her CIO if she throws up go in with dim light, without a fuss clean her up and put her right back into bed. She will learn quickly that getting that upset isn't going to do her any good.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I dont know what to do about the diaper.
    But when its bed time , and a hr laster when she crys go adn pick her up and comfort her and and bring her out and sit on the sofa with her and just cuddle her, she may be teething,you can give her tylonal and when she seems like she is calmed down and falling to sleep again put her back to bed!
    My dd was the same way, she would cry until she threw up, but someone told me that if i comfort her she will calm herself down so she won't throw up! and it worked, She used to up for 1/2 hr before she calmed down first when i started comforting her, but now she vary rarley wakes anymore. She is 22 months old as well! An before you bring her back in her bed, if she has not fallen to sleep on you, tell her it's time to go back to bed now! and put her back in her bed! hugs and kisses and nite nites!
    Good Luck
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds like its time to potty train and get her some night lights. Put a few night lights in her room and consider getting her a glow worm.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• well it makes sense that she might be ready to potty train, but this is my first child, so how would i know if she had to use the potty? since she can't talk yet to let me know
    Wife_Mommy_18

Comment by Wife_Mommy_18 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• okay the diaper thing is the BIG sign sweetie she is ready u teach her the words u would like her to say potty and poo or any of that then u ask like every 5 to 10 minutes if she has to potty and take her let her sit on in for a lil if she doesn't go remind her it was a nice try and when she does go High Five and "little party" lol make her proud than she'll want to go cause it gets her excited to c mommy and daddy so proud.. oh and let her flush even add bye bye potty just to help her be proud..okay as for the night thing... night terrors are very common in children, have a high activity play time about 1 1/2 hrs before bed let her blow off the steam ,good hot bath ,and a peacful happy storey before bed with good thoughts she sleeps leave a faint light on so if she wakes up she can c she is still safe and at home and i agree to comfort if that does not work and walk her to her bed as she gets close to falling asleep

Bekah S.

Answer by Bekah S. at 1:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010