Would you rather have?

A bigger house and a more expensive car but have to live on a tight budget or would you go for the apartment/townhouse and a car that does what you need and have money to spend when you want?
I ask because my husband says that I am spoiled. I would rather have the extra money than the bigger house, he chose the bigger house and now we are on a really tight budget and he cannot figure out why it stresses me out.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in

• I rather have the extra money to spend. =) But thats just me. I rather be able to enjoy the money then have it all tied up in a house & not be able to go spend the day at a fun park or whatever. BUt thats just me...

P.s. My hubby says Im spoiled too.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• extra money! I like to have my "bumper" against real life throwing obstacles at me.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm with you. I;d rather not have the burden of the extra worries. Smaller home (as long as it meets all of your needs) and extra money. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• A nice home is an investment and will pay off sooner than you realize. Spending money on consumables is not responsible when you have a family and long term responsibilities. I am with your husband. But I do not know the need of a fancy car. So in that respect I am with you. But the money you save on the car should be saved not spent on nonessentials.
    Sorry, but you did ask.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Smaller house and extra money........the best investments to me are the ones that make memories.....ex. going on family vacations, spending time with the kids, game nights, taking them to the park, going for a walk, camping out on the living room floor......a lot of these things don't take any money but are you really going to want to do these things if you're stressed out because of money?
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• id rather have a small decent home n money to spend , i love to spend money but also know that i need a car n place to live , a few of my friends have huge homes , idk but the rent that they pay is double what i pay n im just as happy as they are but thats just me.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• bigger place, we are already living on a tight buget in our small home so i am used to it
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Small house and money to spend, totally! I love to by random stuff for my kids and other people.
    RunzWithScissor

Answer by RunzWithScissor at 8:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We have the big house 3500sgft 6bdrms 4bths and big expensive car and on a budget. I want the apartment life back from well over a decade ago but our family is growing and need the space so we stay but I do wish it was like the old days for sure.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm in the big house an dI hate it. I miss my studio apartment that the three of us squeezed into. We had more interaction, more fun together. Sure there was less privacy but we were a family unit. Now my daughter plays in one room and I feel like I only see her when she's hungry. I hate it. The financial restrictions don't help because I don't even have the money for fun outings to spend more quality time with her or my husband.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 8:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010