Whats the longest you've gone without a period when you WEREN'T pregnant? adult content

My last cycle began on Aug. 3rd. Been to my doc. I'm not pregnant. I miscarried in April and I haven't getten back to any kind of routine yet. I still haven't started and my doctor said I could call for a scrip to get me to start but I just don't like the idea of forcing my body to do something artificially. I know if I go too much longer I'll need to call but I'm just wondering if any other ladies have had a similar situation and what was the outcome? I'm really trying to avoid the meds.

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Four months was the longest and my doctor never ever suggested to start it with a RX. I just let it come on its own. I was always pretty regular too. Stress is one cause of not getting your period amongst many other things.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nine weeks was the longest I think.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 3 months for me stress will stop ur period
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• all through high school and into university i would get one every 6 to 8 months. when i was 21 i went on the pill and only that regulated it. i've been off it now for 2 to 3 months and haven't got a period.
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 10 yrs but I'm sure that's not a normal thing. I have polycystic ovaries and uterine fibroids. They did a D & C after 10 yrs and fixed my hormone levels. Now i'm fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The longest I went was 4 months...But then again that was highschool and I wasn't a very healthy person then...
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i have never missed or been late unless i was pregnant. i am 40 now, and have been on the pill for a total of two years. you need to eat well, and you need to be at a healthy weight.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I started my period when I was 14 once I started that month I skipped the next month then had it the next and had it ever since. Since I have had my period though all the way up to before having my second baby they were 28 days to the day no earlier and no later. The only time it was late was when I was pregnant. Then I had baby 2 and again it was only late when I was pregnant, but now my periods are every 21-31 days they are no earlier than 21 days and no later than 31 days.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I stopped having periods in the fall of 97'...I was forced to have one in 02'..got pregnant, lost our dd at 36 weeks, and then didn't have another one for 4 years...had one 8/21/07, didn't have another one and got pregnant on my own December 07'. Our 3rd dd was delivered on 8/4/08 and I had my tubes tied that day. I've been regular since... as it turns out, my tubes were twisted already and missing when they went to tie them...that is why I wasn't having periods or getting pregnant for all of those years.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 6 months....
    I got on birth control to get one & used it for a while. but once i stopped the bc it went back to irregular and every 2-3 months was normal..
    I didnt know i was pregnant til i was 4mo along. But now that ive had my dd (i didnt have a period bc of breastfeeding for 1yr) and it has returned (on dd 1st bday) my periods are monthly- and always no later than 2wks..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010